Kerang District Health Board Directors attend board meetings, sub-committee meetings, conferences and workshops and represent the health service at various industry meetings.
In addition they contribute to the development of the health service by providing policy and strategic direction.
Current Board Directors
Our current board directors are:
Senior Tax Accountant
Board Consumer Representative
Board Director application information
APPOINTMENTS TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS KERANG DISTRICT HEALTH
The Department of Health is pleased to invite applications for part time board director positions of public hospitals with terms of office commencing from 1 July 2023.
These positions provide an exciting opportunity for members of the Victorian public to contribute to the health and wellbeing of our communities. Applicants are selected for their capabilities, including personal and professional attributes, skills, knowledge, and experience that contribute to the strategic leadership of public health care for the Victorian community.
Safe and high quality healthcare for all Victorians is a priority of the Department of Health. Applicants must be able to demonstrate and provide evidence in support of the capabilities they identify in their applications.
The Department of Health is committed to ensuring boards, and committees, reflect the rich diversity of the Victorian community. We encourage applications from people of all ages, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and from LGBTIQA community. Kerang District Health is an inclusive organisation.
Applications close at Midnight Monday 21 November 2022.
Further information including how to apply, please visit www.health.vic.gov.au/board-applications
Appointment of Directors to health service Boards are made by the Minister for Health.
Information about Board appointments and application processes can be found on the Health.vic.gov.au website by clicking on the following link:
Board Director applications are advertised in local and state wide media.
The objectives of Kerang District Health are detailed in its By Laws as follows:
- To organise for and provide health care services in the Kerang district, including regional services and services provided jointly with other agencies in accordance with Health Services Act 1988 and other relevant Acts and Regulations.
- To utilise appropriate physical and personnel resources, knowledge and technologies available to promote health and to prevent, treat and alleviate disease, injury and suffering so far as possible in the prevailing conditions.
- To set and achieve standards consistent with prevailing principles of quality patient care and community health needs.
- To foster continuing improvement in standards through education, research and training.
- To arrange, manage, and provide programs and services designed to reduce social isolation.
- To arrange, manage, provide opportunities for social interaction including an integrated range of services for the diverse needs of individuals and families.
- To operate a Neighbourhood House.
- Kerang District Health is located in the Loddon Mallee Region as per the specified regions of the Victoria Government’s Department of Health.
The responsible Minister is the Hon. Martin Foley – Minister for Health and Ambulance Services.