Kerang District Health Board Directors attend board meetings, sub-committee meetings, conferences and workshops and represent the health service at various industry meetings.
In addition they contribute to the development of the health service by providing policy and strategic direction.
Current Board Directors
Our current board directors are:
Senior Tax Accountant
MDAS Aboriginal Health Worker
Board Director application information
Appointment of Directors to health service Boards are made by the Minister for Health.
Information about Board appointments and application processes can be found on the Health.vic.gov.au website by clicking on the following link:
Board Director applications are advertised in local and state wide media.
The objects of Kerang District Health are detailed in its By Laws as follows:
- To organise for and provide health care services in the Kerang district, including regional services and services provided jointly with other agencies in accordance with Health Services Act 1988 and other relevant Acts and Regulations.
- To utilise appropriate physical and personnel resources, knowledge and technologies available to promote health and to prevent, treat and alleviate disease, injury and suffering so far as possible in the prevailing conditions.
- To set and achieve standards consistent with prevailing principles of quality patient care and community health needs.
- To foster continuing improvement in standards through education, research and training.
- To arrange, manage, and provide programs and services designed to reduce social isolation.
- To arrange, manage, provide opportunities for social interaction including an integrated range of services for the diverse needs of individuals and families.
- To operate a Neighbourhood House.
- Kerang District Health is located in the Loddon Mallee Region of the Victoria Government’s Department of Health.
The responsible Minister is the Hon. Martin Foley – Minister for Health and Ambulance Services.