Important Notice on behalf of the Glenarm Aged Care Facility regarding COVID-19 Virus:
The Federal Government update recommendations and restrictions regularly for Residential Aged Care facilities and these will be updated on our website and facebook page regularly.
No one that has experienced the following will be allowed to enter the Residential Aged Care Facility:
- Anyone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Anyone who has been overseas or in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within a fortnight.
- Those with fever or symptoms of acute respiratory failure, illness or infection – eg cough, cold, fever, sore throat.
- Those who have been COVID-19 tested (for suspected diagnosis of COVID-19) and have not yet received a negative result releasing the visitor from self-isolation.
- Anyone who has been in a COVID hotspot in the past 14 days.
- Children under the age of 16.
Additional to the recommendations restrictions at Glenarm have been put in place regarding visits.
Glenarm Visiting Hours
Visiting Hours are 1pm to 4pm Daily
- Two (2) visitors at a time, and up to five (5) visitors in total per day.
- Exceptions are for end of life – always two visitors at any time however numbers of visitors per day are not limited.
- Visitors do not have to be from the same household and no time limit on the length of the visit.
- A group may exceed the “two visitors at a time” rule if dependents of a visitor are in the group and care for the dependents cannot be arranged (i.e. children)
- Prospective residents/consumers are allowed to visit.
Masks are to be worn over the mouth and nose at all times in healthcare settings and social distancing guidelines followed.
Hand Hygiene – strict hand hygiene is to be adhered to at ALL TIMES.