The Oncology Unit provides care for patients with all stages of cancer and related illnesses. Patient’s receive high quality care in a compassionate and comfortable setting.
Location: Kerang District Health Oncology Service is located within the Allied Health area of the hospital via the main entrance.
Contact: Kerang District Health, 13-15 Burgoyne Street, KERANG VIC 3579 (PO Box 179)
Telephone: 5450 9275
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 6.45am to 3.00pm
Kerang Oncology is an outreach service for the Bendigo Cancer Centre. It provides clients from our local and surrounding areas an opportunity to receive high quality cancer care closer to home in our specialised day unit.
Kerang Oncology provides our local community with a hub for clients with all stages of cancer and related health conditions. Speak with our highly trained staff if you require information and/or support in any cancer related area.
You may be provided with:
- Specialised cancer treatments including chemotherapy and immunotherapies.
- Education and resources on a range of cancer related topics.
- Referral to Allied Health Professionals including Social Workers, Physiotherapists and Aboriginal Liaison Officer.
- Advice on financial and legal resources.
- Help to navigate transport difficulties.
- Community Care service referral.
- Advice and education on what happens after your initial treatment has finished.
Visiting Oncologists provide an outpatient clinic in Kerang every fortnight to monitor and review clients as needed. The Kerang Oncology Service can also liaise with other treating specialists and GPs to provide specialised infusions for non cancer patients.